Friday, June 4, 2010

Hmmm...a topic, eh?

So...supposedly I am supposed to pick a topic for a blog. What an original idea! Nobody wants to hear me just ramble on about how the garbage guys didn't pick up my yard waste yet again this morning? I am shocked and dismayed.

I guess loosely this is about me trying to get Independence for the work-a-day world and do my own thing. The general gist will be the method in which I do this. But also in this blog I hope to cover some other topics that interest me as well: business, technology, money, and spirituality. On occasion I also hope to throw in some general geek-culture, too.

So in general, in order to escape the matrix, I will need to cover my current salary and benefits from my current day job. I estimate that to be worth about $80,000 per year or about $6500 per month.

Yikes!

Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Another additional goal is to go out and be on Buzz Out Loud and meet some of the folks whose podcast I watch daily. I already talk to them on the computer screen. It would be nice for them to talk back once in a while. :)

Please feel free to follow me on this journey and see how I progress. You can follow me on this blog using the link on the left.

One other tidbit I learned today and I need to get started on is to get my own domain name and host. So this blog will be moving soon....

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment